Sr. Project Manager - CCAR Team
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Senior Project Manager- CCAR Team
This high-profile position is part of the CCAR Project Management team, partnering with stakeholders across the Finance, Risk, and Technology for the delivery of critical projects. Responsible for managing the full project lifecycle for complex cross-functional projects focused on meeting CCAR-focused management & regulatory requirements. Sample projects may include (but are not limited to) defining & improving production processes, partnering with technology to implement new systems or applications, and migration of project activities to ‘business as usual’ operations.
Essential Job Functions
1. Develops and implements detailed project plans, including new products, conversion/integration, merger projects, and other projects as assigned. Manages the planning, documenting, testing, and executing, along with tasks, budgets, timelines, and project team members to successfully complete projects on and within budget. Develops documentation to support the project planning and implementation process.
2. Consults, develops, implements, and manages the project life cycle of detailed project plans using standard project plans and develops and delegates project tasks including test plan and acceptance testing.
3. May direct the due diligence information gathering, analysis and reporting for assigned projects.
4. Supports the design and implementation of the operational and technical aspects of the project plans and develops and supports programming requests to meet project goals.
5. Advises on milestones as needed for reporting to appropriate management levels and communicates budget and status milestones as defined for the project.
6. Manages some members of the project team, which consists of members reporting to functional managers within the Bank, third party vendors, and consultants. Provides leadership, motivation and establishes a teamwork environment for the project team, and advises, influences, and coaches team members in the development and achievement of project goals. Facilitates and leads team meetings.
· Create formal detailed business requirements
· Establish a strong issue identification and remediation tracking processes
· Record the data requirements from the FRB, business processes and templates
· Translate and document requirements to support the development of a CCAR program
· Additional items & responsibilities as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree- Required.
· Advanced degree or PMP Certification – highly preferred.
· Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Must have deep knowledge of project management.
· Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.