What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an
environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Personal Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for identifying community development needs across the Bank’s CRA footprint and developing and implementing responsive, strategic programs with relevant internal partners to ensure high impact outcomes. Work will be done at the direction of the CRA Officer and Executive Management.
Essential Job Functions
· Conducts community needs assessments to establish priority markets for CRA; coordinates amongst internal partners on the ground to ensure high impact strategies are pursued and implemented; actively participates in program rollout
· Documents summaries of partnerships for performance context, board reporting, and stories on Bank’s intranet to raise awareness of CRA opportunities and impact
· Identifies innovative community development opportunities throughout Bank’s footprint for implementation at the Bank of the West
· Cultivate new partnerships and seek opportunities to collaborate with and connect community constituents
· Collaborate with branch network teams regarding lending, partnership, and service opportunities
· Conducts peer analyses to better position the Bank against industry best practice
· Maintains ongoing list of key partners in important markets and develops annual plan for ensuring Bank contact annual, either in person, by phone, or in writing
· Facilitate Bank’s CRA Forum of internal partners across the Bank
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Requires strong working knowledge of laws and regulations related to CRA, community development lending products, investment opportunities/vehicles
· Requires highest knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Viewed as the leading expert and/or resource within the field by peers within and outside the organization.
· Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
· Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and high regard for accuracy
· Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills; ability to foster effective business partnerships across diverse teams
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.