Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to tracking for certificates of insurance for both real estate and non-real estate products and tracking for flood insurance for real estate products to ensure compliance with federal regulations while providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching and processing maintenance transactions to resolve issues from customer, branch, or third party inquiries including by phone, in written communications and in work orders. Extensive work on the telephone with use of headset, and computer data entry and inquiry.
Essential Job Functions
- Processes the following maintenance transactions ensuring compliance with the Bank's policies and applicable regulations: Tracks, manages, and maintains all real estate loan and line of credit accounts in the portfolio to ensure compliance with federal regulations for flood insurance (FEMA). Works in conjunction with the flood compliance administrator to ensure all accounts meet documented procedural requirements and guidelines.
- Processes monetary transactions in varying amounts to payoff and when necessary refund accounts due to a total or partial loss of collateral. Completes in-depth review of each account to ensure funds are properly credited and collateral is released to the proper authority.
- Performs the necessary research to processes monetary transactions in varying amounts as a result of insurance claims for damages and ensures corrective actions are taken by the customer or responsible party to restore the collateral to a "whole" state prior to releasing funds to the customer.
- Continuously follows up on all open claims until completion working closely with customers, insurance companies, dealers, and Gap Insurance companies to ensure all necessary documentation has been received in order to complete a claim and provide a settlement to the customer and the Bank.
- Notepads/documents all conversations held with customer, branch or third party updating any information regarding work processed.
- Reviews, logs, submits and/or processes all requests for guarantee of title from 3rd party Insurance vendors.
- Opens, sorts, and processes incoming mail.
- Provides additional support to other back office groups in DLP, CPS and Collections groups on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Follows basic work routines and standards.
- Typically does not require prior experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail skills.
- Customer Service skills - both written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Personal computer skills.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations such as FEMA Guidelines.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.