Operational Risk, Manager
United States-California-San Francisco
- Partners with business units to ensure sound controls are implemented as part of new projects and business as usual enhancements. Reviews, analyzes, and makes banking recommendations to Bank’s Operational Risk team about the design and implementation of the enterprise operational risk management framework/measurement methodologies.
- Designs and develop testing strategies and methodologies to assess the effectiveness of the bank’s practices used to validate the control environment across all lines of business and corporate staff groups.
- Performs testing and manages other individuals
- Develops and execute monitoring activities associated with the Level 1 Control function. Ensures activities are performed accurately, thoroughly, and in accordance with operational risk requirements, and/or industry best practices.
- Define Independent Testing Framework around testing strategies for 1st and 2nd line.
- Meet regularly with 1st Line of Defense testing teams and senior management to assess review activities, known gaps, remediation status, and influence decisions and action when appropriate
- Analyze business and /or system changes to determine impact and identifies and assesses operational risk issues and assigns risk rating consistent with established policy standards.
- Reviews new and pending policies; tests impacted areas of change to ensure that appropriate changes are implemented.
- Develops and manages testing programs for Information Security, Technology Management, Third Party Providers and other operational risk domains. This includes design, plan, and execution testing procedures to assess compliance with policies.
- Provides training and oversight of other testers.
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment, manage multiple tasks concurrently, possess strong verbal and written communication skills and build strong working relationships.
- Assists the Bank’s Operational Risk team in maintaining effective and professional relationships with senior management, internal and external auditors, Federal and State regulators, and others dealt with in a professional capacity
- Stays current in global operational risk management techniques, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. Makes recommendations when necessary to safeguard the position of the Bank.
- Creates an annual testing schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Admin required
- CISSP preferred