Job Description Summary
With moderate supervision, participates in the design, engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as, servers, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, proxies and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and implementation of solutions. Works in a team-oriented environment to maintain operational availability of the network and ensure the security of Bank applications and data.
Essential Job Functions
- Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
- Intermediate knowledge of regulatory environment and compliance related issues.
- Intermediate knowledge of datacenter design and operations.
- Remains current on new technology and maintains appropriate certifications.
- Prepares reports and follow-up and evaluates results.
- Follows documented techniques and performs testing and certifications.
- Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems.
- Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of solutions.
- Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. Mid-tier resource for problem support.
- Coordinates the tasks associated with repairs or installations.
- Reviews and contributes to system and network performance results, the development of system standards, strategies, and workflows.
- Ensures the compliance with documented strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of directly related experience with network security systems such as firewalls and proxies.
- Intermediate level skills in many of the following:
- Check Point firewall policy administration
- Check Point system administration including VSX firewall clusters
- BlueCoat Web Proxy policy and system administration
- TCP/IP protocol knowledge and protocol analysis
- Windows and Linux OS
- Cisco routing and switching
- Troubleshooting system and application problems in a multi-protocol network
- CyberSecurity practices and operations
- Technical expertise in the implementation, operation and design of multi-vendor and multi-protocol environments found in a leading edge data center.
- Intermediate analytical, research, planning, organizational, presentation, and written/verbal communication skills.
- PC proficiencies including Microsoft Office
- Background and knowledge of the Banking regulatory environment
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 50 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.