Mortgage Project Training Specialist (Contract)
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for evaluating and providing moderate to complex planning, development and implementation of the training program for the new mortgage loan origination system ("HALO”) to meet client needs under general direction. Responsible for user acceptance testing and implementation support for the mortgage sales team. Work includes soft skills and moderately complex technical training related to customer service, compliance, systems and products. Develops and maintains close relationships with Business Partners to identify new training opportunities for the organization based on testing, pilot, and initial implementation of HALO.
Essential Job Functions
1. Participates in needs analysis studies to determine training needs for employee groups, special projects and bank wide initiatives. Confers with manager and business partners to gain knowledge of specific work situations to better understand the training requirements due to changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies.
2. Engages with Subject Matter Experts, Training Manager and/or Training Consultant to develop training content outlines, content scenarios, examples and evaluation testing.
3. Develops training project plans and/or oversees the inclusion of the training task lines into an existing project plan working closely with raining Consultant and/or Project Manager.
4. Effectively communicates timelines and training requirements to business partners and management team. Meets with primary business partners to ensure the status of deliverable time frames as well as identify and communicate any development obstacles.
5. Creates course content, lesson plans, audio/visual aids, test criteria, user guides, handouts, learning aids, resource materials, and evaluation processes. Creates online and classroom training using instructional design methodology and incorporating adult learning behaviors.
6. Facilitates a variety of training with ability to engage the learning objective is achieved. Possesses excellent presentation skills; able to present articulately and confidently under all circumstances.
7. Maintains a variety physical and electronic files and/or records (e.g. training procedure manuals, guides, course materials, handouts/visuals, training records required reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines.
8. Maintains contacts in organizational development and training associations to keep abreast of new training and development techniques and technologies.
9. Identifies changes in procedures, policies and systems that impact existing training materials or resource information and updates materials accordingly.
10. Participates in bank wide projects to represent the interests and perspective of training programs.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five+ years of mortgage sales and/or mortgage training experience
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Advance knowledge of the mortgage sales process
- Advance knowledge of the principles of learning, training methods and techniques of adult education
- Advance knowledge of group dynamics and human behavior
- Knowledge of basic banking terminology and concepts
- Knowledge of federal regulations, policy versus regulations, bank products, bank policies and operating practices relevant to core skill areas
- Technical writing abilityLevel Supervised
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.