Job Description Summary
Responsible for sourcing and originating first mortgage loans through traveling to, and building relationships with, realtors and home construction companies. Also responsible for cross-selling bank products and works to build the Bank's image and multiple customer relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Sources and obtains first mortgage inquiries from external business sources using his/her network and COI, and targeted marketing and/or advertising efforts.
- Conducts presentations at real estate office sales meetings, homebuyer's seminary or any other venue to solicit first mortgage business. Advises new and existing customers on various loan programs based on the customers' financial needs.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires, and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk to the Bank. Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with applicants.
- Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data. Analyzes current rates and loan programs and provides accurate and timely information to customers. Manages pipeline to ensure service standards and financial goals are met. Transacts business in conformance with state and federal regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA, and Fair Lending Practices Acts as liaison with borrowers/customers, other bank employees, outside entities (realtors, title and escrow officers, etc.) as well as other division staff, to facilitate a prompt, efficient closing of each loan.
- Keeps informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government -insured mortgages.
- Consistently works in accordance to published department sales and service standards.
- Consistently manages to prescribed personal and business unit sales plans as well as the overall strategy of Mortgage Banking.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum experience in mortgage sales.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience, with proven results, in first mortgage sales and customer service preferred.
- self sourcing of mortgage loans preferable.
- Financial products or services experience is highly desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.