IT LAN Engineer II
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for providing technical support of network infrastructure and internal desktopsservers. Support of desktopserver operating systems and software. Works independently in a fast-paced production environment on moderately-complex issues.
- Works closely with various Information Technology groups in the area of desktopserver and application support, functions. Assists with certification, deployment and asset tracking.
- Provides hardware troubleshooting and network administration support in a Microsoft/Intel environment.
- Supports the Regional Manager as directed with Change Control, MAC (move/add/change), break/fix requests, and Service Request projects on a daily basis.
- Performs second level Trouble Ticket support responsibilities as requested. Strong command of Microsoft operating systems and network protocols TCP/IP, IPX/SPX and DNS/WINS.
- Performs system administrator duties such as: installation, troubleshooting, data integrity and file system security.
- Ensures the operation of hardware systems by coordinating maintenance and repairs for personal computers servers and peripherals. May replace hardware as needed.
- May recommend hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Vocational/Technical training required
- Minimum of two to three years in a LAN/WAN environment, supporting Microsoft/Intel
- Minimum of two years working with network protocols TCP/IP, IPX/SPX and DNS/WINS configurations
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft/Intel in a LAN/WAN environment
- Solid knowledge of network protocols TCP/IP, IPX/SPX and DNS/WINS configurations
- Advanced problem determination and troubleshooting of desktop, server hardware issues and network connections
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, 3270 emulation programs and VPN
- Experience with desktop imaging, scripting and management tools
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.