BANK OF THE WEST WEALTH MANAGEMENT IS GROWING!
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Regulatory Advisor is responsible for providing effective supervision for the BancWest Investment Services (BWIS) broker-dealer and registered investment adviser. In partnership with BWIS' Regional Managers and Market Leaders, Senior Regulatory Advisors execute all duties and responsibilities outlined in the BWIS Supervisory Procedures Manual. BWIS' Supervisory Procedures are designed to help ensure compliance with all relevant SEC, FINRA, MSRB, and State securities rules and regulations and are also designed to timely detect non-compliance and conducts that are in violation. The Senior Regulatory Advisor role is critical to the overall management and supervision of BWIS, and as such, are registered principals of the broker-dealer. Each Senior Regulatory Advisor is assigned to provide coverage to a dedicated BWIS business region to help ensure familiarity, consistency, ownership and follow-through of all supervisory issues relating to the region.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform a suitability review of transactions submitted by BWIS registered representatives
- Monitors and reviews BWIS customer accounts for, but not limited to, suitability, excessive trading, switch/exchange activity, unauthorized use of discretion, selling away, concentrated positions, and mutual fund activity
- Reviews daily, weekly and monthly supervisory reports and conducts follow-up reviews as deemed necessary
- Coordinates with BOTW Legal and Compliance Department on handling customer complaints and regulatory inquiries.
- Coordinates with BWIS Compliance Department and BOTW Compliance Department in the delivery of formal training and interpretation of rules and regulations
- Review and approves outside business activities
- Impose and execute special, heightened supervisory procedures, as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of all products and services on the BWIS platform
Other Job Duties
- Act as subject matter expert for issues relating to BWIS, FINRA, and SEC rules
- Review all correspondence, including a sample of email correspondence, for assigned region
- Liaise and provide advice to Regional Sales Managers on OSJ responsibilities
- Performs other duties as outlined in BWIS Written Supervisory Procedures and Delegation Memo, or as assigned by BWIS or BOTW Management
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
Licenses & Certifications Required:
- FINRA Series 7, 24, and 66 (or 63 and 65)
- Series 4, 53 and State Life Insurance
- Strong knowledge of broker-dealer supervision and compliance, preferably at a bank-broker/dealer ;.
- Ability to read and interpret securities regulatory statutes;.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint skills;.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills;.
- Strong writing skills.
- Reports to Manager of Regional Business Supervisors.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.