What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Shift: Sunday - Thursday
Responsible for processing, evaluation and underwriting moderately complex indirect consumer applications within delegated limits of authority while adhering to bank credit policy and procedures and applicable Federal and State regulations. Promotes the bank's finance programs through ongoing communications with Bank of the West dealers.
1. Underwrites indirect consumer applications including recommendations on requests which exceed delegated authority.
2. Provides assistance in all aspects of the application/funding process including inquiries and processing packages in for funding.
3. Effectively communicate with dealers, sales representatives, brokers and customers
4. Effectively communicate with management any dealer, market or internal performance issues.
5. Ensures compliance with all internal policy and procedures.
6. Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal and State regulations.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 3+ years consumer credit underwriting experience with a commercial bank or other financial institution
Field of Experience
· Prior experience in a high volume production environment.
· Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing personal financial statements and income tax returns.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.