HR Communications Manager
United States-California-San Francisco
Communications / Marketing
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Ideal candidate is passionate about making things better for BOW every day. You will be responsible for developing and executing the communication strategy for HR business initiatives across Bank of the West. Candidate will be a trusted communications partner with senior HR leadership, HR business partners, business communication team members and Corporate Communications, to define communication objectives and lead efforts to ensure all communications are integrated and aligned with individual business lines and the Bank's broader communication strategy and format. Tailors communications to a diverse population, primarily internal audiences, including the Board of Directors, Management Committees and senior management. Responsible for tactical execution of all HR communication plans.
Essential Job Functions
• Creates, socializes and executes communication plans to ensure the HR business unit's initiative's strategy, purpose and performance is disseminated to all areas of the Bank.
• Ensures the communication plan is closely aligned to both the business unit's/division’s/initiative's priorities and the Bank's broader communication strategy. Ensures all written content is consistent with the Bank of the West brand.
• Provides communication, writing and editing leadership for the business unit/division/initiative. Works closely with the senior managers and business partners to gather information about critical topics and priorities and develops communication content based on this information.
• Identifies, plans and develops effective content, such as PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, reports, memorandum, and email communications, for internal audience such as the Board, Management Committees, senior management and broader employee populations.
• Creates and distributes business unit's/division's/initiative’s newsletters, announcements and memorandum.
• Develops all business unit/division/initiative internal communication.
• Provides internal communication consulting to business unit/division/initiative leadership team and business partners.
• Analyzes and determines the most effective and creative method of communication.
• Senior responsibility for delivering effective, engaging internal communications
• Proven track record in communicating through change
• Experience of working in a global team cultural sensibilities and understanding of how to tailor centrally developed plans/materials
• Previous experience of working with Board, Senior management level
• Strategic approach to communication challenges
• Ability to work remotely and independently
• Ability to manage multiple senior stakeholders and priorities
• Ability to present complex concepts or information in a simple, engaging way
• Pragmatic, can-do approach – when you think you are done – make it better
• Communicate well so we all know what you mean
• Strong written skills accurate, concise and engaging style
• Learn something new every day – Know learn and keep up to date on HR stuff
• Be a trusted coach to our leaders.
• A burning desire to work hard and support continual change management through communications
• Make the impossible possible.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Organizational Development, or related field
· 10 or more years of experience developing/ managing communications/awareness/ training for professional organizations. Experience with banking and financial services preferred.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.