Job Description Summary
This key role will lead and manage the HR Business Partners in effectively diagnosing complex issues, recommending solutions and engaging the appropriate resources to provide HR services that support the successful achievement of business goals. Serves as a consultant to executives and senior management on human resource-related matters, and acts as an employee champion and change agent.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees and assesses the effective delivery of HR programs and services for all client groups. Sets project timelines, priorities, and staffing requirements for the HRBP organization.
- Provides advice and feedback to HRBPs regarding the design and rollout of HR programs.
- Through the team, oversees the delivery of meaningful organization and talent review processes, as well as ensures the effective execution of talent management initiatives.
- Provides coaching and consultation to HRBP team, executives and senior management on strategic projects, department goals, HR policies and programs. Recommends appropriate decisions which may be significantly complex in nature, and will have a significant impact to the business.
- Initiates timely and appropriate discussions with senior leaders regarding organization design issues within different client groups, and provides guidance on organization change practices and actions.
- Effectively collaborates with HR COEs (Compensation & Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Learning & Development) when working on the development and implementation of strategies and programs to attract, develop, reward and retain exceptional talent.
- Designs, develops and implements communication strategies to introduce new HR programs and BOTW initiatives. Ensures effective communication strategies are in place within the organization and builds open communication channels.
- Manages, and assist HRBP team members with managing, complex employment relations issues, and provides general communications coaching to senior leaders.
- Identifies opportunities to expand and strengthen HRBP team’s role in supporting client’s organizations.
- Effectively advise, consult, and communicate with senior and executive-level management with strategic thinking, anticipation and as a champion for organizational change.
- Implements HR best practices to support corporate values in partnership with senior executives.
- Advises and consults executive management on a full range of strategic and tactical Human Resources issues, as well as developing, implementing and administering Bank policies and procedures.
- Implements and administers HR policies and practices that are aligned with the business objectives and in compliance with all federal, state and other regulated agencies laws.
- Assists in training and measuring results of HR processes and tools that impact the Bank.
- Trains and measures functional performance against corporate HR initiatives; Data-driven approach to HR roll-out of corporate initiatives.
Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas. Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
Requires 12-15 years minimum prior relevant experience in HR field.
Bachelors degree in Organization Development, Human Resources or related degree. Master's preferred.
- Broad and deep HR knowledge and expertise in various functional areas such as Organization Design & Development, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Total Rewards and Learning and Development.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead the design, developments, implementation and evaluation of HR programs (capable of leading HR project teams).
- Effective consultation and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and lead innovation and change.
- High level collaboration and teamwork abilities with the capacity for leveraging the involvement of key stakeholders in the design and implementation of HR initiatives and solutions.
- Able to develop an in depth understanding of how business gets done at the organization level with strong working knowledge of key business processes.
- Understands business objectives and is able to translate those objectives into HRBP priorities.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined compliance, HR policies and procedures.
- Strategic thinker with strong project management and analytical skills.
- Strong business acumen and conflict resolution skills are required.
- Collaborative working style, strong executive presence and experience working within a large organization supporting multiple locations.
- Experience driving successful organizational change within HR.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.