Head of Brand, Advertising & Marketing Communications
United States-California-San Francisco
Communications / Marketing
- Participates in the development and implementation of the bank’s strategic and tactical marketing plans.
- Develops, for presentation to management, the bank’s advertising plan including media and creative, in support of the overall marketing plan.
- Develops, for presentation to management, the bank’s advertising budget. Monitors the budget on an ongoing basis and prepares reports on variances and forecasts.
- Develops, directs, plans and evaluates all advertising activities to support the bank’s marketing and advertising strategies.
- Coordinates and works with management from various business lines to increase the profitability of products and services through the utilization of various advertising media.
- Interfaces with management and advertising and other agencies/vendors to develop and implement advertising and other marketing programs.
- Works with other marketing staff to develop research to monitor the effectiveness of advertising bankwide. Presents results to management along with recommendations for improvement as needed.
- May oversee the copy writing and layout of advertisements.
- Manages a team of creative services and marketing project officers including selection, establishing performance goals, performance management, and coaching and development.
- Oversees creative service activities including merchandising and promotional material.
- Oversees segment marketing with a focused marketing strategy and program for the Hispanic, Asian and other identified market segments.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- Master’s/Advanced Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas. Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- 10 years or more of marketing experience, including advertising, corporate events, and corporate communications.
- Proven ad agency and vendor relationship experience.
- Hands-on experience with financials and budgeting
- Financial institution experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of sales organizations and cultures
- Creative consultative approach in working with lines of business
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Outstanding project management, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Directly manages professional marketing staff