What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.Job Description Summary
Supports the business line/division strategic planning and program implementation. Provides decision-making research for the Business Line/Division Head and Regional Managers. Assist in implementing Group Management strategy and helps identify business line/division issues early and recommends solutions to Division or Group Head. Researches and recommends implementation of industry best practices.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Supports Division's operational efforts such as new business development, cross sales, project management, audits. Supports product development with industry trends, process forecasting and cost evaluation related to new product roll outs and product updates. Enhances communication throughout the division.
- Provides business analytics; reviews/analyzes metrics; identifies future business trends and supports the Division with overall strategy. Maintains a consistent distribution of reporting and notification to senior management and when needed BNPP, other parts of the Group and the Bank.
- Supports in identifying, developing and implementing business goals in collaboration with Corporate Marketing projects and programs to achieve those goals.
- Partners with executives in product and field management positions to incorporate business unit insights and objectives into program design, and to ensure organizational alignment around and support for program strategies and tactics.
- Helps in executing creative strategies that reflect and reinforce the strategic direction of the Division while fulfilling tactical program objectives.
- Researches programs, capabilities and processes of best-in-class competitors, vendors and industry experts to identify best practices that will improve Division efficiency and effectiveness. Defines and deliver projects to introduce and institute those best practices.
- Assists Division Managers with central issues, policies and procedures, white papers, portfolio reports, etc. When required, works jointly with other Division Managers on selected specific projects.
- Participates in special projects for Division as directed by Division Head, as needed by any other group/department of the Bank.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas. Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 12-15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Banking Services Group (BSG)
- Excellent knowledge and ability to synthesize data into meaningful presentations.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Good knowledge of Bank's departments & functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to perform with complete autonomy.
- Good organizational skills, sales and marketing knowledge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Working across lines of business, use analytics and analysis at both the Division and group level to identify issues that may impact achievement of business goals and present these issues and possible resolutions to the bank's senior management, board of directors and/or primary shareholder of the bank. Liaises effectively with business units for achievement of related integrated goals as defined by management.
- Defines and executes creative strategies that reflect and reinforce the strategic direction of the Division while fulfilling tactical / strategic program objective.
- Leads the development of work plans, resource plans, and status reports within the division and vendors affected by projects.
- Effectively communicate the business strategic objectives with management to drive the business forward.
- Collaborates with colleagues in decisions based upon financial and analytical insights. Develops pro-forma program budgets, and manages projects to budget and timelines. Reviews back-end results to assess project economics and define next steps.
- May direct other team members on different projects.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco Job Type: Full-time Job: Business Analysis