Job Description Summary
Seasoned professional contributor works independently with limited supervision. Provides retirement planning strategies for Mass Affluent clients ($25,000 to $250,000) by assessing the client's past, present and future financial needs, objectives and requirements. Meets needs by proactively building relationships with clients, providing ongoing advice and drawing on the range of available R&I products by using the BOW pitch book, playbook and conducting in-depth Premier Retirement checkup analysis for clients. Initiates and proactively cultivates relationships with bank partners including Branch Managers and others.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides retirement strategies for client’s needs by collecting and analyzing client financial data to determine which products best meet the client’s retirement needs, and providing ongoing advice to the client as to what investment products are in the client’s best interest.
- Must be able to develop / maintain cumulative IAS book of business of $ 0 - $ 9mm over period of years.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the Bank’s products and offerings, and promotes these products and offerings amongst clients as appropriate.
- Provides training to and promotes products amongst bank branch personnel in conjunction with BWIS Regional Manager and WMG Relationship Managers.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with 3-5 bank branches to generate viable referrals for Retirement & Investment products.
- Provides outstanding customer service by following up on any client service request.
- Fulfills all regulatory and firm compliance obligations as detailed in policies, procedures and regulations.
- Creates financial plans for customers and deepens relationships with existing book of business clients.
- Collaborates with WMG and BOTW partners.
- Responsible to grow IAS book of business to meet and exceed annual goal levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Licenses & Certifications
- Series 7, Series 65 or Series 66 & Life,Variable, Accident & Health Insurance
- Knowledge of securities and financial industry; Bank products and service knowledge desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse clientele.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ability to navigate easily through Internet based systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Appian and Microsoft Dynamics is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required in verbal and written communication, customer service, planning, organizational and making presentations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.