What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Wealth Management, Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and National Finance. Bank of the West and BancWest Investment Services is a friendly, collaborative, relationship-driven culture that is client service and team oriented and where you are valued. How would you like to inherit a book of business, provide advisory products, receive warm qualified leads and be part of a forward thinking, fast growing business offering career growth opportunities?
Responsible for providing financial planning strategies for clients by assessing the client’s past, present and future financial needs, objectives and requirements. These needs and requirements are met by providing financial advice and investment products.
- Meets monthly sales and revenue goals by providing financial strategies for client financial needs through profiling and analyzing what investment products are in the client’s best interest.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork and documentation neatly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Follows all policies and procedures as it pertains to client accounts and transactions.
- Maintains and follows all regulatory and compliance policies and procedures.
- Maintains licensing requirements in the form of continuing education, and fulfillment of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with branch team by creating enthusiasm to generate referrals, for example, call nights.
- Provides outstanding customer service by following up on any client service request.
- Provides sales training and coaching for Financial Advisor team members and business partners (when appropriate) in conjunction with Regional Sales Manager.
- Works closely with members of the Wealth Management team in order to service clients properly.
- In his/her capacity as an investment adviser representative creates financial plans for customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Two+ years of sales experience in securities/financial industry
- ACTIVE FINRA Series 7, and 65 or series 66 and state insurance license(s)
Field of Experience:
- Previous Bank Brokerage experience highly desired!
- Knowledge of securities/financial industry
- Effectively communicate to diverse clientele
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Word and Excel, and ability to navigate easily through Internet-based systems
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personal computer skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Sales presentation skills
- Team player
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.