Enterprise Risk Reporting Analyst II
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for preparing standard and ad hoc reports for executive management, the Board of Directors, regulators and BNPP. Assist with the development of new reporting functionality to support Enterprise Risk Management initiatives.
- Prepare enterprise risk reports for executive management, the Board of Directors, regulators, and BNPP. Analyze trends in the performance of the credit portfolio and prepare concise narrative summaries. Reports are at the BOW and BWE level.
- Assist with the development of new reports to support Enterprise Risk Management initiatives such as concentration analysis, establishment of exposure limits, and measurement of new business activities.
- Prepare selected regulatory reports including variance analysis and required documentation.
- Prepare ad hoc requests for data / analysis including report requests from regulators and rating agencies. May also assist with the creation of “deep dive” reports on special areas of interest.
- Provide support to cross departmental projects including IHC and CCAR.
- Create queries against datasets using SQL or Crystal Reports. Assist with user acceptance testing of new functionality within the department's SQL database.
- Develop reconcilements and controls to ensure completeness and accuracy of information and meet COSO requirements. Ensure that desktop procedures remain current
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field plus 3 – 5 years of analytics and reporting experience
· Good understanding of commercial and consumer credit
· Ability to interpret regulatory reporting requirements
· Excellent presentation skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Intermediate Programming/Reporting : Crystal Reports, Access, SQL (SAS optional)
· Intermediate EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint, Tableau
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.