What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
We are currently seeking motivated talent to be responsible for managing all aspects of the Vendor Leasing Department within ELD. Develops and implements strategic direction for Vendor Leasing, including further development of Specialized Markets industry niches and growth plan for National Programs. Sales are managed through the Specialized Markets Manager and National Programs Manager. Duties include P&L responsibility, achieving production goals, developing and implementing products and programs, portfolio quality and personnel management. Also responsible for sales of Management Services products.
1. Develops strategic plan to grow Vendor Leasing production in coordination with Bank’s goals.
2. Develops marketing and sales plan for Management Services.
3. Provides input to executive management in setting production goals.
4. Manages sales managers for Specialized Markets and National Programs, including setting budgets and conducting performance evaluations.
5. Maintains and administers and equitable incentive program.
6. Maintains consistency between sales efforts and department goals.
7. Provides resources (products, programs, systems, facilities, etc.) so that staff can operate efficiently and the department can achieve goals.
8. Monitors the marketplace and competitors for changes and makes adjustments to ensure maximum production.
9. Identifies market needs for products and programs that will generate lease volume consistent with the bank’s appetite.
10. Interacts with accounting and legal counsel to ensure products comply with applicable regulations and laws. Works with managers and other bank resources in developing and implementing advertising.
11. Motivates managers, marketing officers, and staff members to promote products and programs. Tracks volume and effectiveness.
12. Interacts and communicates with other managers within equipment finance division. Attends regular management staff meetings and is available to staff and other managers for general questions and decision making.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelors Degree in finance or marketing required
· 15 years in the equipment financing and leasing industry
· 8 years in Management
Field of Experience
· Thorough knowledge of policies, practices, laws, regulations and tax issues of equipment financing and leasing
· Complete understanding of marketing and sales practices in vendor equipment leasing
· Planning and organizing
· Sales and business development
· Use of computer
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.