Director Brand Marketing
United States-California-San Francisco
Communications / Marketing
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Oversees all brand strategy and activation activity bank-wide, working with marketing teams and each line of business to ensure proper development, activation, implementation and advocacy of the Bank of the West brand. Leads the in-house creative agency. Direct report to the SVP, Brand,Advertising & Marcom and key subject matter expert on marketing team. In this role as brand evangelist, this includes continuing to educate the broader organization on the role and importance of brand, in order to increase bottom line impact.
Essential Job Functions
1. Brand Activation: Drive the activation and implementation of the brand ID
2. Sell the brand inside; Educate internal stakeholders about brand strategy meaning; unify employees around common brand purpose, brand platform and identity
3. Creative Development: Manage a team of creative professionals (and creative freelancers) within the marketing organization
4. Elevate work: Ensure the creative team's work is on par with the best in the industry, while staying current on emerging consumer banking trends, technologies and design; Research programs, capabilities and processes of best-in-class competitors, vendors and industry experts to identify best practices that will improve marketing efficiency and effectiveness at BOTW
5. Brand ID: Bring the Brand ID Visual/Verbal guidelines to life and educate internal and external creative partners about how to maximize them to their full potential
6. Maintain governance of brand guidelines through training, design review, and critique to ensure brand spirit and integrity remains intact
7. Agency/Creative Partner integration: Maintain communication with BOTW creative partners to ensure work is on brand, aligned and integrated.
8. Make decisions based upon financial and analytical insights. Develop pro-forma program budgets, and manage projects to budgets and timelines. Directs all metric associated with programs working directly with marketing Analytics to insure detailed reporting.
9. Responsible for the recruitment, development, coaching, counseling, discipline, writing and administering of performance reviews in a timely manner and retention of assigned team members.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Admin
· Master’s/Advanced Degree in Marketing, Business Administration
- 10+years of experience in brand marketing within a financial services industry preferred.
- Years of supervisory or managerial experience: 8+years
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Demonstrated competence and knowledge of overall brand marketing. Must have experience planning and executing complex marketing programs.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction while successfully meeting project objectives and managing multiple tasks within strict deadlines.
- Able to work in fast paced environment while staying flexible to frequently shifting tasks and objectives.
- Proven ability to drive analytical insight, pulling key conclusions from data and proposing meaningfiul hypotheses.
- Demonstrated experience in project management both independently and as a member of cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated impeccable written, speaking and reading abilities in addition to excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills as shown through maintenance of good working relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Outstanding customer service skills to include in-depth knowledge of Bank products and service.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.