Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing and coordinating activities toward achieving Enterprise Data Management objectives. Responsible for contributing to the design, development, implementation and support of Enterprise Data Management Roadmap and Data Strategy. This includes managing the local resource teams supporting the EDM business as usual functions (BAU) and projects for Data Management.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages a portfolio of activities and resources across multiple functions: data lineage and metadata management, data quality monitoring and reporting, data operations and platform business analysis support.
- Manages the planning, documention and execution activities for the projects; along with tasks, budgets, timelines, and project staffing to successfully complete projects on a timely basis and within budget. Develops documentation to support the project planning and implementation process.
- Partners with stakeholders across the company on the execution of the data strategy .
- Partners with stakeholders across the company in the maintenance of the data platforms used for internal and external reporting
- Provides subject matter expertise within data governance working groups and management committees
- Provide status to the data management lead as well as manage and escalate issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in data management practices such as metadata and linage management, data quality, and data operations.
- Bachelor's Degree Information Systems or related field
- 10 yrs Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area. Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires strong management and team building skills. Demonstrated leadership and management.
- Ability to work effectively with team members and stakeholders in different geographies.
- Banking products, services, and systems knowledge.
- Experience working with data supporting Regulatory Reporting, Experience with data governance tools, query tools, and BI tools a plus.
- Extensive customer contact and “servicing”.
- Planning, organizing and controlling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.