CRES QC Processor II-HE
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for performing the quality review function of Home Equity loan files to ensure all stipulations and conditions assigned to the loan have been completed appropriately, prior to staging the file "Ready for Documents". Responsible for minimizing any risk of loss to the Bank by ensuring the completeness, accuracy and compliance of all documentation obtained during the processing of the file.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs final system and file documentation review to ensure Processor file accuracy to determine if file can be staged as Ready For Docs
2. Provides feedback to appropriate parties (Branch Staff / CDS) to notify of file being staged as Ready For Docs or request for corrections of Processing Supervisor, as needed
3. Completes tracking for error log information for team member/Supervisor reference, as well as completes tracking for overall QC pipeline and QC Team/Individual production
4. Serves team as Subject Matter Experts for the major categories of documentation collected (Title, HOI, Flood, Appraisal) to help move more complex file(s) forward
5. Contributes with special projects, depending on Departmental needs (resource update/development, UAT, vendor issue(s) management)
6. Identifies trending error issues for Supervisor/Management, as needed
7. Provides operational process suggestions for accuracy, efficiency, productivity
8. Communicates with Bank approved Vendors to resolve minor issues on loan files in order to execute loan documents.
9. Ensures all loans are in compliance with internal Bank guidelines and external state and federal regulations (i.e. USPAP, FIRREA, HMDA, RESPA, FNMA, FHLMC and Fair Lending).
10. Prepares end of day volume and production reports for management.
11. Provides additional support to other areas of Operations as required.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Business or Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Years of functional/professional experience: 2-3 years of consumer lending experience with an emphasis in real estate transactions. Experience in a high volume/production environment preferred.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Knowledge of consumer loan and line documentation
- Knowledge of consumer loan compliance regulations
- Knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office software, including Word and Excel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.