Job Description Summary
The incumbent contributes to agented credit due diligence and marketing efforts. Partnering with senior team members, the incumbent is responsible for providing detailed analysis of financial statements and projections and for preparing clean transaction marketing materials, including pitch presentations and confidential information memorandum. The incumbent may interface directly with borrowers and participating banks, attend client and prospect meetings, and prepare more complex credit analysis for agented facilities. The incumbent must possess strong communication skills and frequently interacts with Relationship Managers, Credit Product Officers, CBG Loan servicing, Operations, Legal and other personnel to obtain documentation or assist with loan closing and loan maintenance. This is a CBG sales professional entry-level role and provides individuals the opportunity to grow the skill set required for a career in relationship management or credit products.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports unit's growth and profitability by producing qualitative financial reviews for transactions. Determines optimal transaction structure by analyzing credits, including financial statement spreading analysis and cash flow projections to.
- Proactively manages transaction process from pitch to closing; assists with the preparation of term sheets and monitors ongoing transactions to ensure proper documentation for loan closing. Establishes transaction data rooms and populates with offering materials, collateral documents, and credit documents.
- Attends client and team meetings and assists in determination of client needs. Assists Senior Officers with the completion of marketing materials and other tasks as needed, providing timely, error-free analysis and review as applicable.
- Interacts with Relationship Managers, Credit Product Officers, CBG Loan Servicing, Legal, and other related Bank personnel regarding issues of credit quality, appropriate structure, as well as new business and related trends.
- Manages the risk of complex financial products and transactions by working closely with other CBG Departments (e.g., Cash Management, Capital Markets, Equipment Leasing, Trade Finance), and other major areas of the Bank.
- Views credit quality as a personal obligation; exhibits independent judgment; ensures balanced loan presentations; responsible for on-going account monitoring; proactive in problem detection/resolution; contributes to maintaining balance between growth and credit quality.
- Provides support to the Regional and Division managers for special projects and reporting tasks. Such special projects may include transaction comparable analysis, in-market credit lists, portfolio analysis, presentations for senior bank management and the creation of excel based underwriting tools.
- When applicable, interfaces directly with borrowers to obtain financial information and review financial information directly and assists in review of credit requests.
- Prepares and updates reports as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires 3- 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Finance
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial banking or investment banking
- Formal Credit Training preferred
- Strong interest in a syndications career path
- General Administrative/Technical Skills Proficient knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Proficient knowledge and ability to analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel). Proficient working knowledge of other software used for analysis such as MFA and Tax Analysis.
- Proficient written and verbal communication.
- Ability to perform independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Good organizational skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.