Corp Sec Investigator Senior
United States-California-City of Industry
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
We are seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to be responsible responsible for performing complex investigations related to potential losses and/or suspected criminal activity. Conducts annual physical security inspections, regional staff training and fraud awareness sessions. Completes detailed reports in order to document compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Prepares and thoroughly documents factual and impartial findings in a timely and professional manner utilizing rules of judicial evidence.
- Responds to and evaluates specific threats, robberies or other critical incidents in an expeditious manner. Recommends physical security enhancements needed at facilities to protect and safeguard the Bank's employees and premises.
- Researches, analyzes, and investigates complex internal and external cases or specialized fraud resulting potential losses, loss and/or suspected criminal activity.
- Pursues proactive recoveries of financial losses with contacts at other financial institutions.
- May monitor online fraud activity, having technical understanding of Bank's product lines, and suggests revision to policies and procedures in order to prevent losses to the Bank.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
Bachelor's Degree required
CFE or other recognized certification preferred
- 5 – 10 years investigating complex financial crimes in a financial institution or law enforcement agency.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Thorough knowledge of investigative techniques, evidence gathering and demonstrated interview skills
- Detailed analytical and research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Detailed planning and organizing skills
- Ability to create and present applicable training for Bank staff
- Display initiative
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.