Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing an independent Level1 Control department within a line of business. Ensures Level 1 Controls related to Regulatory and Operational Risks within the line of business are defined and executed. Coordinates with the different internal control streams to foster best practices in the line of business and to avoid loopholes or overlaps.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures the line of business complies with the Bank's Integrated Operational Risk Framework and/or industry best practices as it relates to: Policies and procedures Level 1 Controls Methodologies for a permanent control framework in the line of business Coordination with different bank compliance and internal control streams Line of business entity and unit level compliance and operations control assessments
- Directs and monitors the daily, weekly, monthly, annual and periodic activities associated with an independent Level 1 Control function. Ensures activities are performed accurately, thoroughly, and in accordance with regulatory, the Bank's Framework, and/or industry best practices timeframes.
- Acts as the line of business subject matter expert on Level 1 Controls. Is knowledgeable about industry best practices and systems.
- Prepares and distributes regular/special management reports on regulatory and operational risk compliance and the department's activities. Compiles data for analysis or dashboards. Maintains current knowledge of operational risk management and regulatory compliance requirements for financial institutions. Attends professional seminars and participates in Bank and industry operational risk management and regulatory compliance practitioner groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of banking operational risk management and industry practices
- Thorough knowledge of banking and related laws and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of bank operations activities, from both a branch and centralized function aspect
- Experience in developing, writing, and communicating policies and procedures
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.