What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Our team of Customer Service Representatives delivers world class customer service and builds customer loyalty, one phone call at a time. You will join a team of employees who are confident and knowledgeable about the Bank of the West products and services that we offer to our customers.
Start Date: August 6, 2018
Pay Rate: $15.00/hr
Work Location: 1625 W Fountainhead Parkway Tempe, AZ
Training Schedule: *Mandatory* Classroom training 8:30am-5:00pm/M-F for 3 weeks; 1 week on the job training.
As a Customer Service Representative you will answer inbound calls from Bank of the West customers in a high volume call center environment. You will respond to customer inquiries about their bank accounts, researching and resolving problems and errors in a timely manner. You will actively expand existing customer relationships by cross selling products and services or referring customers to appropriate sales staff.
Additional tasks of the Customer Service Representative position include:
• Responding to calls in an inbound call center with high call volume and a focus on customer service and quality
• Building and maintaining strong business relationships with existing customers through established service and banking sales standards
• Developing, maintaining and demonstrating a basic knowledge of current Bank of the West products and services; maintaining confidentiality when handling customer requests and transactions
• Identifying opportunities for upselling additional banking products by understanding customers’ accounts and connecting the customer with the opportunity and closing the sale
In the Customer Service Representative role, we offer a unique opportunity in an entry level role with promotional opportunities that come with salary increases to reward you for training and dedication.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-6 months of prior customer service experience in a call center environment.
- Banking or other financial institution experience preferred
- Understands and adheres to all training and bank policy, laws and regulations applicable to role
- Effectively use all applicable systems, technology and software to perform job functions
- Ability to communicate effectively, courteously and provide the customer with accurate information
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.