What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for leading a team of compliance professionals to execute and coordinate the Regulatory Compliance Risk Assessment program.
Essential Job Functions
1. Develop and update the Regulatory Compliance Risk Assessment Procedures and Methodology at least annually;
2. Coordinate with the Regulatory Change Management unit to update the Regulatory Rule Matrix at least annually;
3. Evolve the structure of the Major Compliance Obligations for each applicable regulation;
4. Collaborate with 2nd Line of Defense Compliance team members and 1st Line of Defense business contacts to determine applicability of MCOs to each assessment unit.
5. Support 2nd Line of Defense Compliance team members in their assessment of Inherent Risk, validation of 1LOD control effectiveness assessment
6. Support 1st Line of Defense partners in their assessment of control effectiveness.
7. Develop and present risk assessment reporting to executive management and 1st LOD and 2nd LOD partners who need risk assessment results to inform their annual planning.
8. Coordinate BOW domain and transversal compliance contributions to the BNPP GRAM Risk Assessment process.
9. Collaborate with IHC counterparts to align BOW RCRA methodology and processes; including transitioning the collection vehicles to the GRC tool.
10. Performed other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field - Required
· At least 10 years of experience in leading financial services risk assessment programs and managing teams
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to adapt messaging to a variety of audiences/constituencies. Proficient in communicating with senior executives.
· Effectively organize the risk assessment program to support the needs of 1LOD and 2LOD partners as well as the needs of the RCRA Team Members
· Ability to lead and drive 1LOD and 2LDO partners without having direct authority over them
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.