Compliance Officer II - Regulatory Identification and Change Management.
United States-North Dakota-Fargo
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Assists with ensuring that the assigned Business Lines policies and procedures align with corporate compliance.
1. Assists with the weekly identification of new Regulatory Developments bank-wide
2. Oversees the data quality review and retention of data concerning Regulatory Developments
3. Performs data quality analysis on Regulatory Developments documentation
4. Produces reports related to Regulatory Developments
5. Helps to develop and test technology solutions
6. Helps develop and recommend policies, procedures, and programs to ensure compliance with existing regulations and best practices.
7. Implements compliance program initiatives
8. Works with the areas of the Business Lines affected by changing laws, regulations, as the changes are implemented.
9. Acts as compliance representative in projects involving new or changes to existing regulatory impacted materials
10. Liaise with Group and/or Division Compliance
11. Liaises with business line managers
· Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
· 5 - 7 yrs combined Compliance/Audit/Risk Management experience
· Thorough knowledge of banking compliance management and related regulatory compliance.
· Previous financial services industry experience preferred
· Ability to resolve problems and make rule-based decision