United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for governance and monitoring of Sanctions Compliance’s inventory of Business systems (product processors and customer databases), specifically as they relate to connectivity and mapping to the Bank’s sanctions screening IT solutions. Liaise with Business operations and technology partners to support execution of the Bank’s sanctions screening system strategy. Partner with BSA/AML Administration’s Sanctions Systems Strategy and Data & Analytics teams to monitor effectiveness and maintain model documentation for the Bank’s sanctions screening IT solutions.
· Analyze business information and technology systems in connection with establishing and maintaining control processes; promote consistency in minimum screening standards as per Policy and Standards
· Manage all aspects of sanctions list management, including engagement of vendors, alignment with BNPP-specific list requirements, and the review/dissemination of periodic list updates.
· Monitor and evaluate performance of screening IT tools and provide recommendations on enhancing detection and operating effectiveness; contribute to maintaining model documentation and developing testing protocols in partnership with Data & Analytics
· Support OFAC/Sanctions issue/finding remediation and transformation projects
· Assist with the execution and completion of other related Sanctions Program elements, including OFAC/Sanctions risk assessments, policy/standards/procedures development, production of MIS metrics
Other Job Functions:
· Liaises with BNPP Group, Division Compliance, Corporate Compliance, Operational Risk, and Internal Audit partners
· Extensive day-to-day interaction with multiple business lines and project management offices
· Minimum 10+ years and subject matter expertise in: BSA/AML/Sanctions Compliance; Bank Regulatory Compliance; Technology or Data Governance/Requirements Analysis; Product Management; and/or Business Process Analysis/Improvement/Transformation
· Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to: OFAC/Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, and U.S. Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) expectations
· Knowledge of sanctions screening or other related search parameters, logic, and optimization/tuning methodologies and techniques; and payment systems (FED, SWIFT, CHIPS, ACH)
· Experience engaging regulators and supporting regulatory examinations
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Flexibility to balance being a manager and sole contributor; analytical and critical thinker; ability to provide clear solutions/proposals in a fast-paced environment
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree beneficial
· Computer literacy required (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)