Collections / Commercial Workouts
Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing and evaluating specialized teams within Collections/Default Management to meet Bank wide and departmental objectives. Provides an accurate and consistent analysis of employees' skills and developmental needs along with coaching and feedback.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures default management functions are executed with accuracy, efficiency, and is in compliance with Bank policy and procedures as well as regulatory standards
- Receives customer escalation calls and attempts to reach an amicable resolution.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers.
- Uses various collection systems to update customers' accounts and to send correspondence.
- Performs training for new hires and assists supervisor daily in continual training and development of assigned support staff; ensures the performance objectives are being met; and makes recommendations concerning staff performance.
- Collaborates with manager to establish and communicate performance standards and objectives to all staff. Completes performance reviews, audit reviews, staffing, reporting and training in conjunction with manager.
- Acts as a lead in various duties: - operating, monitoring, and compiling reports - delegating various assignments to default management staff - reviewing and approving documents - submitting work orders - verifying all corrections and adjustments have been made upon receipt of completed work
- Monitors staff's adherence to Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, Collection, Repossession and Bankruptcy laws/regulations, Fair Credit Reporting Act and mortgage Insurer/Investor/PMI guidelines.
- Ensures department processes are in compliance with laws and internal policies and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Follows basic work routines and standards.
- Typically does not require prior experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Good knowledge of collection policies and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of consumer and residential real estate loan products and related servicing procedures and requirements.
- Good understanding and knowledge of internal loan processes and governmental regulations and extensive compliance requirements.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, Collection Laws and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.