CBG Market Manager
Sales and Sales Related
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
As an integral member of the CBG client management team, the incumbent represents Commercial Banking Coverage in leading the sales and relationship management activities for a defined commercial banking market. Primary responsibilities include meeting or exceeding profit goals, growth, referral quality, and service objectives through sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining profitable banking relationships within the assigned market. The primary focus of this role is on commercial targets and identifying new opportunities to sell bank products and treasury services while expanding and nurturing existing relationships. This role is also responsible for monitoring the performance of the defined market as a whole. Success in this role requires mastery of business development, customer retention, credit, and service quality activities and processes. The incumbent is responsible for contributing to the market's credit portfolio quality and shares profit and loss responsibility with the business unit.
Essential Job Functions
1. Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities within an assigned market and actively promotes ways to increase client reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the Bank
2. Works to achieve targeted goals and objectives for defined market including budgeted financial performance and monitors performance of the teams contribution to commercial coverage objectives.
3. Actively manages an assigned market, including analyzing pertinent financial and credit data, establishing pricing for loans within guidelines established at the Division and Group level, and providing input regarding loan product pricing and features
4. Ensures market alignment with business and credit priorities; may participate in the development and implementation of Bank policies and procedures
5. May have primary responsibility as the assigned officer for a portfolio of the most complex relationships
6. Operates in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, securing professional counsel when necessary
7. Capitalizes on market opportunities through active gathering and evaluation of market intelligence and business conditions; keeps management advised on such matters; collaborates with research, product development, marketing, pricing, and operations to formulate revenue-generating product and segment coverage modifications / changes
8. Cultivates a positive image for the Bank within the designated market through participation in community and business functions / groups; ensures compliance with CRA outreach program; represents the Bank as appropriate in relationships with joint ventures, major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies, and similar groups
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- Master’s/Advanced Degree in Business
- Required license(s) or certification(s) Formal Credit Training
- Years of functional/professional experience 10+ years of directly related experience
- Years of supervisory or managerial experience 6+ years of market experience
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Expertise in commercial lending, sales, and financial service needs of Middle Market and large corporate companies and / or specific industries
- Expertise industry / market required
- Strong, demonstrated analytical and research abilities
- Demonstrated Bank product and treasury service knowledge
- Demonstrated management skills
- Expert marketing skills
- Expert negotiation skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.