Business Development Officer II
Sales and Sales Related
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Develops commercial banking business loans, deposits and fee income for the Regional Banking Group. Works in partnership with CBO Managers and CBO Relationship Managers to develop new business relationships. Generally targets companies with revenue from $10 to $50 million.
- Generates new business through prospecting, outside calling, networking and referrals. Makes a substantial number of outside, in-person calls on prospects and clients requiring extensive automobile travel.
- Works with the CBO Manager, CBO Relationship Manager and/or Branch Manager to develop and implement marketing plans.
- Maintains working knowledge of commercial loans, business deposit products, foreign exchange, trade finance, cash management and investment referral opportunities.
- Ensures that sales-related processes comply with all laws and regulations.
- Manage the prospect data base for the assigned territory.
- Input all calling activity in the Touchpoint contact management system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ten + years banking and sales experience.
Field of Experience
- Working knowledge of banking products/services.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Business development skills.
- Leadership ability
- Analytical skills.
- No supervisory responsibility
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.