AVP/VP Direct Marketing Program Manager – Small/Medium Business
United States-California-San Francisco
Communications / Marketing
As a key member of Bank of the West’s Multi-Channel Marketing team focused on the Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) business, this role is responsible for developing, managing, and optimizing multi-channel marketing programs that support acquisition, cross-sell, and retention efforts for business banking. The person in the role would partner with the SME Strategy and Product teams to support business goals and strategic initiatives. A firm understanding of analytics and creative oversight are necessary as these skills lay the foundation for both strategic thinking and tactical execution, allowing projects to be completed on tight timelines and for the position to act as a thought leader for the marketing department and internal business partners.
Typical projects include annual planning of budgets and revenue forecasts; developing individual campaign objectives, multi-channel design, and test and targeting criteria; managing creative development and production; and measuring and reporting out on results. While this is an individual contributor position, experience in leading efforts across a matrix organization including product and sales teams and an outside agency is very valuable along with a strong eye for detail. Internal partners are consulted and given updates throughout the process and outside agencies are regularly leveraged to provide support for complex direct marketing programs.
Bank of the West prides itself on smart, data-driven marketing and the ability to fully express the impact our work has on the bottom line.
1. Collaborate with the SME Strategy team to develop and implement multi-channel programs that support key initiatives and drive revenue for the business.
2. Contribute to the bank’s multi-channel strategy and annual multi-channel plan, including setting strategy, developing measurable goals, and defining tactics and budgets.
3. Collaborate with Product Managers and the SME Strategy team to develop relevant, motivating offers and incentives for multi-channel marketing campaigns.
4. Manage implementation of multi-channel marketing programs, with an emphasis on direct mail, from inception to completion, including development of each campaign objective, developing test criteria, managing creative development and production, and measuring results.
5. Maintain a test plan and track results of testing to inform and refine future programs.
6. Manage and consult with outside agencies for creative development and messaging; manage budgets and timelines to maximize return; and coordinate with print vendors, mail houses, and other vendors to meet deadlines while adhering to quality standards.
7. Work closely with CRM/Research/Business Intelligence staff to generate targeting and segmentation, leverage modeling capabilities, and perform campaign and vintage analysis.
8. Monitor, interpret and report multi-channel marketing campaign performance to stakeholders and executives; provide strategic direction and guidance based on analysis of results. Strong written and verbal communications skills are valuable in this regard.
9. Collaborate with sales teams’ management to support and provide guidance to local and regional marketing groups whose customers may be contacted by multi-channel marketing efforts. This includes developing close partnerships with SME-focused sales teams that focus on particular segments of the business population.
10. Participate in efforts to streamline, automate, rationalize and otherwise improve internal processes and procedures.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
• 5 + year’s experience in managing multi-channel marketing programs within the financial services industry
• 8+ years marketing experience
Field of Experience
• Bank product and service knowledge; experience with small and medium-sized business marketing preferred
• Experience with integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns with emphasis on direct response tactics
• Knowledge of data processing and lettershop techniques as related to direct mail production
• Knowledge of telemarketing, email, and digital marketing, preferred
• Thoroughly conversant with test and learn strategies, control group and test cell selection
• Strong understanding of retail banking business drivers, business development concepts, and strategy related to customer cross-sell and prospect acquisition communication
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.