Sr. Audit Leader
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The Inspection Group, as the Bank’s periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks.
The Sr. Audit Leader is primarily responsible for day-to-day audit delivery for audit assignments for the area of assigned audit responsibilities, which will primarily include audits associates with capital adequacy processes (e.g. CCAR, DFAST), governance and financial regulatory reporting processes.
Essential Job Functions
1. Leads large and complicated, integrated audits as the Head of Assignment. Responsible for the related audit scoping, planning, evaluating, reporting, and supervising.
2. Completes continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
3. Prepares, updates, and/or reviews risk assessments for assigned auditable entities.
4. Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations or completes 2nd level of supervisory review over audit recommendation closure over non-complex findings.
5. Communicates effectively, clearly, concisely, and accurately using written and verbal communications with all levels of management.
6. Demonstrates emerging expertise in audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge.
7. Manages and supervises audit assignments to assure that BNPP Inspection Generale and the Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and procedures are adhered to on audit assignments.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable and related field
- Required license(s) or certification(s) CIA, CISA, CPA, CAMS, and/or CRCM
- Years of functional/professional experience: Minimum years of audit and /or risk experience: Typically 8+ years
- Years of supervisory or managerial experience: 2+ years
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Primary focus of the role is on day-to-day deliverables, developing solutions based upon subject matter expertise and occasionally representing the department at a broader level.
- Maintains current on industry developments affected in the areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrable strengths in capital management and planning, stress testing, model risk governance and management, operational risk, financial reporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP and SEC requirements).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.