IT Application Engineer Sr - Oracle Identity Management
United States-California-City of Industry
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The qualified and motivated candidate selected for this position will be responsible for researching and writing technical specifications including problem definition according to IT Development Standards. Code, tests, debugs documents, and maintains programs. Carries out assignments and provides technical guidance to junior members of the unit when requested. Designs systems and writes user procedures. User contact includes system definition, system design, problem resolution, and providing status. Supports major applications with major complexity and scope. May manage multiple projects with multiple cross impact areas.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports major/critical applications, revising, updating and providing documentation as required.
- Leads, executes or participates in parallel, pilot and other system test phases prior to implementation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Researches, prepares detailed specifications, defines designs, develops tests, debugs, installs, and modifies computer software in various platforms in a complex and integrated systems environment.
- Develops and documents project plans, budgets and schedules.
- Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services. Provides technical assistance to staff including interpretation of specifications.
- Researches new developments in hardware and software. Maintains currency in techniques and tools enabling system proficiencies and performance improvements.
- Evaluates and recommends various technical solutions to meet requirements. Develops proposals including systems, consulting services, benefits and costs. Provides system configurations and interface strategies.
- Performs systems integration testing and user acceptance testing as required by software development lifecycle.
- Manages multiple projects and may lead project teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
Required Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
Professional Required Experience:
Six or more years
development and BAU support with experience in –
UNIX and Win OS, DOS batch and Shell Scripts, UNIX and DOS command
· Java and or .NET, HTML, JSP, and PL/SQL.
· Web sphere and/or Apache Tomcat
· SQL 2008/SQL 2012
· Oracle 11g/12c
· Installation and configuration of all modules of the Oracle middleware identity managment (IAM) stack, including OIM, OID, OVD, OAM, SOA & Webgates – would be helpful but not required.
· Perform IAM platform tuning and module configuration experience would be nice
Field of Experience:
- Requires an expert understanding of application systems
- Has excellent knowledge of business systems and has specific knowledge of the functions supported as well as their associated functions
- Must be skilled in project management and team building.
- Ability to analyze, develop and implement complex programming solutions necessary.
- Proficient: Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals. Clearly conveys information and ideas and listens and responds appropriately to customers, external contacts, and individuals throughout BOW.
- Proficient: Develops open, considerate, effective and productive working relationships with customers, external contacts, and individuals throughout BOW.
- Proficient: Understands and use BOW software, hardware and technology. Ability to operate required office equipment.
- Proficient: Draws information and broad knowledge to make timely and logical decision that provides practical solutions for customers and others.
- Proficient: Responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity, and other pressures.
- Proficient: Assumes responsibility for effectively meeting objectives, motivates self to get the job done, performs job duties in an organized, accurate and productive fashion, seeks out and is open to knowledge, ideas and feedback to improve effectiveness, and holds self-accountable for following policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Basic: Possesses managerial interest and a leadership orientation.
- May lead small teams and act as mentor to junior level developers
- Sedentary Work: Occasional lifting up to 10lbs, occasional standing/walking.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.