IT Application Engineer Sr
United States-California-City of Industry
The qualified and motivated candidate selected for this position will be responsible for researching and writing technical specifications including problem definition according to IT Development Standards. Code, tests, debugs documents, and maintains programs. Carries out assignments and provides technical guidance to junior members of the unit when requested. Designs systems and writes user procedures. User contact includes system definition, system design, problem resolution, and providing status. Supports major applications with major complexity and scope. May manage multiple projects with multiple cross impact areas.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports major/critical applications, revising, updating and providing documentation as required.
- Leads, executes or participates in parallel, pilot and other system test phases prior to implementation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Researches, prepares detailed specifications, defines designs, develops tests, debugs, installs, and modifies computer software in various platforms in a complex and integrated systems environment.
- Develops and documents project plans, budgets and schedules.
- Provides technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives for existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information services. Provides technical assistance to staff including interpretation of specifications.
- Researches new developments in hardware and software. Maintains currency in techniques and tools enabling system proficiencies and performance improvements.
- Evaluates and recommends various technical solutions to meet requirements. Develops proposals including systems, consulting services, benefits and costs. Provides system configurations and interface strategies.
- Performs systems integration testing and user acceptance testing as required by software development lifecycle.
- Manages multiple projects and may lead project teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
Professional Required Experience:
- 6-8 years information technology experience.
Field of Experience:
- Requires an expert understanding of application systems
- Has excellent knowledge of business systems and has specific knowledge of the functions supported as well as their associated functions
- Must be skilled in project management and team building.
- Ability to analyze, develop and implement complex programming solutions necessary.
- Proficient: Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals. Clearly conveys information and ideas and listens and responds appropriately to customers, external contacts, and individuals throughout BOW.
- Proficient: Develops open, considerate, effective and productive working relationships with customers, external contacts, and individuals throughout BOW.
- Proficient: Understands and use BOW software, hardware and technology. Ability to operate required office equipment.
- Proficient: Draws information and broad knowledge to make timely and logical decision that provides practical solutions for customers and others.
- Proficient: Responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity, and other pressures.
- Proficient: Assumes responsibility for effectively meeting objectives, motivates self to get the job done, performs job duties in an organized, accurate and productive fashion, seeks out and is open to knowledge, ideas and feedback to improve effectiveness, and holds self-accountable for following policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Basic: Possesses managerial interest and a leadership orientation.
- May lead small teams and act as mentor to junior level developers
- Sedentary Work: Occasional lifting up to 10lbs, occasional standing/walking.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.