What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Administer enterprise patch applications systems. Partner with corporate security on company policies and procedures. Develops and implements IT patch polices covering operating system and 3rd party. Operating system deployment. Software/Application deployment
1. Administers enterprise patch application system for release of patches to enterprise. Assists in strengthening technical measures to protect bank resources and business information.
2. Partners with corporate security on company policies and procedures. Develops and implements IT Patch policies covering Operating Systems and 3rd Party Applications. Partners with various IT departments on ongoing enhancement of Patch methodologies and data/host security for the Bank.
3. Documents system parameters and formats. Ensures hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
4. Formulates and defines small to medium project/system scope and objectives. Develops detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that will fit with Bank's system architecture standards.
5. Evaluates existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. Assists with analyzing, developing, and revising existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary and works on all phases of applications systems analysis activities.
6. Works with IT team members through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
7. Assists in conducting feasibility studies, including assisting with fiscal evaluations of proposed and existing systems, and participates in recommending new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
8. Provides basic to moderate analytical assistance to staff including interpretation of requirements. Participates in developing detailed requirements with business partners and assists in the system definition. Develops functional requirements.
9. Assists in developing test plans, test conditions and scripts using basic to moderate concepts of business knowledge.
10. Tracks and reviews vendor deliverables and coordinates vendor activities as needed which may include integration of vendor tasks and contractual commitments.
11. Assists in development of business proposals for software solutions to meet client needs. Coordinates activities to evaluate and recommend various technical solutions to meet requirement.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education required
· Required license(s) or certification(s) CISSP – Certified Information Technology Security Professional preferred
CISSP (Certified Information Technology Security Professional) preferred.
3-5 years’ experience, 1-2 years in Banking/Finance.
3 years UNIX/Linux administration experience.
2 years system vulnerability/patching experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.