United States-California-San Ramon
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing analytics and reporting for an assigned Business Line. Supports and develops the evaluation of revenue opportunities, including potential acquisitions, through forecast modeling and analysis. Provides analytical support to various business partners, supporting strategy, and efficiencies.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops complex financial and business models used to analyze financial data. Collaborates with various Business Partners to evaluate revenue opportunities, including potential acquisitions, and cost efficiencies.
- Manages and coordinates the delivery of Business Line reporting (e.g. business line reviews, periodic financial summaries, etc.) to Senior Management on a scheduled basis. Understands, and is able to draw from, both financial and non-financial data sources to provide a comprehensive presentation of business performance and trends.
- Develops and communicates an effective methodology for establishing goals for key business metric categories, as well as related measurement and reporting.
- Provides analytical support of service results, including process improvement analysis. Conducts analysis and performance measurement to support strategic initiatives.
- Manages periodic corporate reporting projects such as benchmarking, operating plan updates, tracking/summarizing bank earnings releases, etc.
- Collaborates with various partners to identify and prioritize topics to investigate to determine data required to analyze the topic, build economic and financial models, develops insights and implications.
Performance Analytics Function
nMarket intelligence, competitive analysis of product and strategic positioning, dealer management (segmentation, differentiated products and incentives), competitive product and market analysis, credit strategy oversight, champion challenger development, operational analytics
Performance Analytics Function
•Obtain market intelligence and proactively share key topics with organization.
•Benchmark financial services products to analyze competitive positioning.
•Manage dealer and customer satisfaction surveys and implement follow-up actions requiring marketing support.
•Responsible for dealer management model –dealer segmentation, differentiated strategies, services and products, incentive programs.
•Develop potential OEM strategies.
•Provide credit strategy oversight.
nRequired skills, industry experience and leadership abilities
•10+ years experience in credit risk and portfolio performance monitoring roles.
•Capability of using advanced statistical techniques and tools for data mining in the risk and collections domain. Some of thestatistical techniques like Logistic/Linear Regression, Survival Analysis, Generalized Additive Models, CHAID/CART based segmentation, Genetic Algorithm/LP based optimization. Typical tools that should be used include SAS, SAS Miner, SAS Enterprise Guide, Knowledge Seeker.
•Able to create concise senior management presentations to explain results of comprehensive analytics.
•Extensive exposure to data analysis
- Bachelor's Degree
- General Extensive knowledge of banking products and services.
- Strong understanding of the U.S. banking industry dynamics, bank financial reporting, and banking-oriented research sources Excellent analytical, communicational and problem-solving abilities Data Analysis and/or Database skills Corporate Development Collaborates with various Business Partners to evaluate revenue opportunities, including potential acquisitions, and cost efficiencies.
- Partners closely with other members of the Corporate Development team on an as-needed basis on analytical, M&A, and strategy projects Continuously develop improvements to the major periodic reports with the goal of increasing production efficiency and improving usability.
- Corporate finance and accounting experience, such as DCF and comparable multiple valuation techniques, regulatory financial analysis, and GAAP accounting CBG Provides analytical support to various business partners, supporting retail strategy and network efficiency, incentive plan effectiveness, service results, and branch performance and site selection.
- Supports Group performance through the development and maintenance of various sales reporting activities, including campaign reporting, periodic sales activity reporting, and trend and ranking metric reporting.
- Assists in developing goals and performance measurement criteria around sales metrics, incorporating both market potential and historical performance.
- Provides analytical support to various business partners, supporting retail strategy and network efficiency, incentive plan effectiveness, service results, and branch performance and site selection.
- Directs and coordinates the development of Sales Reporting at the Division, Region, and Branch level.
- Develops and communicates an effective methodology for establishing goals and targets for key CBG business metric categories, as well as related measurement and reporting.
- Oversees development and delivery of CBG key performance indicator (KPI) information, including budget, forecast, and variance analysis, to Controllers.
- Ensures that all reported CBG sales and KPI information is accurate and delivered in a timely manner, with processes in place to monitor data integrity.
- Supports and coordinates with CBG Sales and Service unit to conduct analyses to measure and enhance incentive plan performance.
- Supports and coordinates with CBG Branch Network unit to develop and maintain multivariate statistical forecasting models to evaluate potential branch site location s across the bank's footprint.
- Establishes and maintains branch tracking and performance reporting, including de novo and branch consolidation performance reports, and breakeven analyses to support de novos and branch relocations.
- Develops and maintains branch database, which includes branch characteristics, trade area demographics, competitive industry data, and financial performance information.
- Coordinates with business partners to develop and deliver sales campaign tracking and results analysis.
- Provides branch staffing reporting and supports evaluation, analysis and development of dynamic branch staff modeling process.
- CBG CCAR Responsible for managing the development and support of information solutions within CBG group.
- In addition, will set strategy and initiate work plans within CBG CCAR to develop fully/partially automated solutions for data collection, database architecture and credit portfolio reporting.
- Solutions will be developed and implemented into a production process when possible.
- Ongoing production support will also be provided.
- CCAR IT Liaison: Review the CCAR Requirement and ETL develop by CCAR Finance & IT teams and deliver analytical and business perspective to metadata design process by working closely with CBG.
- Ensure communication between IT, CCAR finance and CBG on data management, application development and solution delivery teams to implement conforming data enhancements for performance management.
- The design process includes defining/recommending dimensions (such as account, product, and measure), hierarchies, member properties, extract requirements, mapping tables, and verification and validation controls.
- CCAR “manual Process Data Collection”: Provide technical expertise to CBG data analyst by assisting them in extracting system data to develop reports and perform analysis.
- Lead and manage the design, programming, testing and implementation of CBG Risk /Finance databases (SQL and/or Oracle) to ensure efficient and effective database architecture as well as consistency within EDW / FARM.
- Assist with key CBG Risk/Finance projects by providing subject matter expertise regarding technology selection and database architecture (include the new data field that needs to be captured for CCAR). Provide technical expertise and leadership for Portfolio Management Risk DataMart to deliver best practice results in the functional areas of management, CCAR reporting, and data quality management.
- Ensure up-to-date policies and procedures documentation is in place, including periodic testing to ensure adherence of policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.