What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for providing advanced, complex, diverse, and confidential administrative support to senior and executive level management or Division units. Requires thorough knowledge of unit practices, policies, programs, product line, and organization of the bank. Must demonstrate tact, diplomacy, discretion, independent judgment, and initiative on assignments and communications of a highly sensitive nature. May direct the work of other support personnel. Responsible for developing, managing and administering highly complex tracking systems and reports for a variety of data.
Handles the day-to-day administrative duties, prioritizes special projects, monitors deadlines, maintains manager’s schedule, and follows up on projects and pending matters.
2. Initiates and independently researches complex information requests, compiles statistics, gathers, analyzes and summarizes data for projects and reports, prepares the materials, and determines method of presentation. May prepare regular or monthly analyses for budget variance reports, sales reports, exception reports, tracking reports, et cetera.
3. May type correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers, and related materials for unit staff.
4. Receives and screens telephone calls, routes callers, takes messages, and answers questions relating to the unit’s function.
5. Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction or knowledge of Company’s policies, procedures, and functions. May initiate responses to correspondence for manager signature.
6. May schedule and coordinate meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements.
7. May order office supplies and prepares and processes unit purchase requisitions and vendor invoices.
8. Organizes and maintains files, correspondence, records, and other documents.
9. Furnishes and obtains information for internal and external clients and/or contacts.
10. Processes and maintains information of a highly complex and confidential nature dealing with issues of substantial importance to the Company.
11. Handles or resolves matters which may develop in manager’s absence.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
· Five to seven years experience
Field of Experience
· Advanced administrative skills
· Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to identify issues requiring attention, and to initiate projects
· Experience interacting with all levels of executive officers
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of the banking industry and the policies and practices of the Company
· Advanced personal computer skills necessary for formatting reports, presentations, spreadsheets, graphics, et cetera
· Bank product and service knowledge
· Mathematical skills, including compilation of statistics, balancing of figures
· Analytical skills and research abilities
· Planning and organizational skills
· Composition and proofreading skills
· Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Schedule and coordinate events, meetings and appointments
· Office procedure knowledge, including typing, filing, answering telephones
· Business telephone protocol
· Personal Computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.