What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Accounting Associate II - NCF Team
National Consumer Finance(NCF) Accounting provides accounting and reporting support for the National Finance Group’s Consumer Loan Portfolios.
Responsible for routine and moderately complex tasks which may include: balancing various accounting systems (such as the Advance Loan Dealer Sub System, Advance Loan System and/or the Leasemaster system), performing system certifications, creating reports to submit to management, preparing operating account check disbursements and reconciliation, expense report and invoice tracking, auditing clearing firm clearing statements, handling commission research issues as assigned, preparing and processing dealer or vendor invoices and statements and lease tax processing. Responsible for creating daily reconciliation reports, researches and resolves reconciliation issues and performs other special projects for submission to management. Ensures quality customer service by performing all duties accurately and in compliance with Bank regulations.
Essential Job Functions
1. Accurately balances various accounting systems (such as ALS, RMS, ALS Dealer Sub System, or Leasemaster). Researches and resolves escalated out-of-balance conditions.
2. Balance and reconcile General Ledger activity. Handles journal entries and researches discrepancies. May investigate more complex questionable entries and recommend remedial measures.
3. Perform general ledger reconciliations and certifications. Resolves moderate to complex reconciliation and general ledger certification issues.
4. Create and distribute appropriate departmental reports, statements and invoices.
5. Provides training to other staff as needed. Enters and looks up data on various loan/line/lease computer systems.
6. Prepares operating account check disbursements and reconciliation.
7. Maintains a working knowledge of standards, procedures, and technical operations in department.
8. May prepare various accounting or financial related items for internal or external customers or auditors.
9. Must keep organized, accurate and appropriate supporting documentation for all functions.
10. Answers escalated inquiries regarding information stated on reports or regarding policies and procedures.
11. Provide Securitization support via daily reconciliations, variance analysis and report generation. Participate in securitization testing, create new reports and document procedures.
12. Maintains a good understanding of accounting policies and keeps current on changes.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Associate’s Degree- Required
· Bachelor’s Degree- Preferred.
· Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Proficient on 10-key adding machine.
· Analytical and organizational skills.
· Proficient Excel and Word programs. (Intermediate Level)
· Familiarity with Monarch Pro desired (data extraction software)
· Operate office equipment.
· Proficient data input skills.
· Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment with daily deadlines.
· Ability to independently analyze data from multiple sources.
· Demonstrated proficiency at issue identification and communication to management.
· Proven ability to perform research and resolve moderate to complex issues
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.