ABF Auditor III
United States-California-Los Angeles
Business / Commercial Banking
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for performing complex audits on existing or potential borrowers with lending relationships secured by accounts receivable or inventory assets and makes recommendations as a result of findings. Works under minimal supervision.
1. Audits the accuracy of complex financial statements of various size companies and ensures accuracy of presentation. Discusses unusual items with the company and/or the company’s CPA.
2. Examines a large volume of current accounts receivable and accounts payable records to determine which accounts are to be considered ineligible. Checks for validity of sales, delivery, merchandise returns, credit memos, etc.
3. Investigates borrower’s compliance to bank’s terms and agreements and adherence to governmental regulations.
4. Oversees the work of other personnel by training, allocating and monitoring work. Reviews and corrects audit reports of lower level auditors. Performs work of a similar nature.
5. Ascertains that assets are properly accounted for and are adequately safeguarded from loss. Determines that accounting records are adequate, reliable and properly reflect the transactions of the organization.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Req Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Vocational/specialized training
· Five to seven years in a related role.
· Analytical and research
· Perform math and analysis
· Research information
· Use personal computer
May lead one or more employees performing similar work.
· Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.